Thursday, October 23, 2008

We are pregnant again!

I had posted the information earlier, but had to remove it....let me re-post.

Let me start off by saying, that this was a total shock. Barry and I are expecting again, and we are already 16 weeks along.
We went into our fertility doctor, Dr C on Oct 13th to "talk" to her about having another baby. The first thing they like to do is an ultrasound to see where you are in your cycles. Well, sure enough when she started the ultrasound there was a rather large baby in there. I started crying, and Barry started laughing. We really didn't know what to think!
We called family right away, and they were shocked, surprised and excited. On Oct 15th we headed to the OB and High Risk doctor for our appointments. Everything looked great, and I was measuring 15 weeks. The baby was moving all over the place. It was really starting to sink in that this was all happening.

Today...
16 weeks and counting! I am feeling much better. Our house has been hit by the stomach flu. It was horrible. We traveled this past weekend to FLA for a good family friend's wedding. We left on Thursday evening. Around 830pm we decided to stop for dinner at Crackle Barrel, and sure enough if not the minute we got our food, Reeves decided to show us what he had eaten the entire day. He didn't know what was happening, so of course he started to cry. It was hard to watch. This was the first time he had gotten sick.
The wedding was amazing, and we all had fun. It was Barry and I's first night out without Reeves if you can believe it. We hired a babysitter, and went with my parents...however on the way home the stomach flu got me big time! My dad had to pull over, and to spare all the gross details, the inside of my dad's new Lexus doesn't look new anymore. He wasn't mad..I tried to make it out the door..just sometimes you can't control! Anyway, I got sick from about 11pm until around 2pm the following day. I basically slept on the bathroom floor, and didn't eat anything but crackers and drink Gatorade for 2 days. Barry called my OB who called me in some anti-nausea meds, which worked great. I am starting to feel better, but still not all the way there. Eating better, which is good..I was worrying that I was not getting enough in me for the baby, even though I couldn't even keep water down.
This weekend we are laying low. Barry's parents are visiting, and we are going to work on the nursery. There is lots to get done before this baby arrives. Right now they are saying I am due April 7th, but I figured I am due anywhere between the last week in Feb and April 7th. I delivered Reeves at 35 weeks 1 day, so anytime after that I figure I am due. Let's pray for the baby to stay in as long as possible!!

No comments:

Blog Archive