Wednesday, November 12, 2008

19 Weeks and the Stomach flu AGAIN!!!

Well, we are 19 weeks, and I know this is my second pregnancy in 3 years, but every little thing makes me so nervous!! We had to have help having Reeves, so I was always one step ahead and knew exactly what was going on and what was to happen next. We found out at 4-5 weeks that I was pregnant, and so I had lots of time to let things sink in. This pregnancy we found out at 15 weeks, and where we are over the moon excited..I still can't help but feel more anxious or nervous that something is wrong. We see a high risk doctor every 4 weeks, and he tells me everything looks great, even Barry is not worried. I think it is just maternal instincts..and I am sure everything is fine. It is just me being paranoid! I just feel so rushed this time. I am half way there already, and we have only known for less than a month that we were pregnant. We went into Babies R Us the other weekend, and I almost had a mental breakdown. I feel like we are so unprepared, even though we have everything we would need to bring a baby home today, (except the diapers and formula)...but equipment we are good on.
The babies room is coming along. Barry is going to finish it up this weekend. I need it done so my sister and brother in law who are coming for Thanksgiving can have a place to sleep. We are going to order the crib and dresser when my parents are here for Thanksgiving. The bedding I am going to order in the next few weeks. Still trying to make the final decision. Everything is coming along. I am getting bigger, and bought some more maternity clothes over the weekend. Maternity pants are still a bit big, but my pants are small, but I am making them work. Tops on the other hand are all maternity pretty much. I need to start shopping for a winter coat.
Well, the stomach flu hit us again!! Barry was down on Monday, and I got it Tuesday. It is horrible, but only lasts 24 hours if that. I was fine on Monday, and was determined not to get it. I washed my hands every 5 minutes, and Lysol the whole house top to bottom. But 330am on Tuesday morning, I was in the bathroom sleeping on the floor..I could not move. I was finally able to feel a little better last night around 8pm. I was still weak, since I had not eaten anything all day, and basically had 5 crackers and some Gatorade..but that didn't stay down for long. I am feeling much better today, and it is like it never happened! Reeves just loves to bring things home from school to share!!! Gotta love daycare, and kids germs!
Other than working on the babies room, Barry and I have a date on Sat. I am super excited. Reeves school has a "parents night out" on Sat night from 5-10pm..I signed Reeves up. He loves that place, and all his little friends are going to be there. They provide dinner, and movies, and lots and lots of play time. Barry and I are going to go see a movie and go to dinner. Nothing too exciting, but a nice night out.
I will start posting some belly shots soon..I have started to feel the baby move more and more now, which helps!

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week!

No comments:

Blog Archive